Amherst is revolutionizing the way US real estate is priced, managed and financed to create opportunity for everyone in the market. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has 20 years of experience anticipating the next risks and opportunities that may emerge and designing actionable strategies that enable investors to take advantage of opportunities in the residential real estate, commercial real estate and government securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management, and approximately $15 billion under board and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Executive Assistant – Austin, TX
Amherst is a vertically integrated real estate investment, development and operation company with a full suite of real estate-related products and services designed to unlock broader access to opportunity for institutions and individuals. The Amherst platform offers a more efficient model for owning, managing and investing in real estate, with full-service capabilities that deliver a differentiated, industry-leading experience for its investors and residents. Leveraging proprietary technology, robust analytics, and a deep understanding of U.S. real estate markets, the platform combines nationwide scale with local market expertise and on-the-ground execution to serve institutional investors, retail investors, and consumers, driven by a mission to build quality homes and create sustainable communities. Over the past two decades, Amherst and its affiliated funds have acquired, renovated and operated more than 30,000 homes serving nearly 70,000 residents. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Amherst has more than $7 billion in assets under management across a range of debt and equity strategies, and more than 900 employees in 30 markets across the United States.
Amherst is seeking an Executive Assistant to join our dynamic team in Austin, TX and provide executive-level support to two investment management leaders. This role requires advanced administrative, organizational and communication skills. The EA must be highly professional, polite, energetic and have a positive and helpful attitude when providing assistance to senior managers and ensuring a welcoming office for our team members and visitors.
- Serve as a gatekeeper to assigned executives: answer and screen calls in a professional manner, resolve issues and redirect calls as needed
- Manage and maintain complex calendars in Outlook, attend events, gather meeting documents
- Coordinate itineraries and travel arrangements
- Maintain and facilitate communication with senior firm leaders and external clients, which may require significant explanations, clarifications and diplomacy
- Prepare and edit correspondence, reports and presentations for internal and external audiences
- Prepare and submit expense reports and ensure timely submission into Concur
- Manage, track and report on the status of assigned projects
- Provide after hours support as needed
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise impeccable discretion
Experience and skills required:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in similar executive/administrative assistant roles with C-level support
- Positive and proactive multitasker with a strong sense of urgency and a “get things done” attitude
- Business savvy with a consultative approach and the ability to drive a response
- Technically comfortable, familiar with administrative software tools and able to learn new systems quickly
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail
- Recognize highly sensitive and confidential documents and information and handle them appropriately
- Flexible and comfortable handling ambiguity in a fast-paced environment, executes in a timely manner
- Strong technical skills with advanced Microsoft Office skills: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Our benefits for full-time employees include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 rolling holiday and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks of paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks paid parental leave
- Emergency childcare provided by Bright Horizons
- Relaxed and relaxed environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.